Green Tech Fish Feed is a product which incorporated Spent Mushroom Substrate (SMS) which is one of agriculture waste, in the fish feed formulation. SMS is an organic waste from mushroom cultivation process. Apart from efficient way of recycling the waste and conserve our environment, the reutilization of SMS in the fish feed formulation will enrich the feed with nutrients mainly proteins.
Applying green technology in the production of foods and animal feed is becoming a popular trend and in-line with the National Agro Food Policy (2011-2020). Therefore SMS could be a better alternative for protein source in fish feed which is more economic and offers greener technology.
1. Reducing environmental pollution.
2. Waste to wealth contribution.
3. New protein source for fish feed (plant-based).
4. Toughening effect of fish muscle for harsher processing.
1. New protein source for fish feed from agricultural waste of Mushroom Spent Substrate (SMS).
1. Commercial production of SMS-based aquaculture feeds.
2. Cheaper alternative for protein source in animal feeds.
Pintors (Location Identifier created to identify location of scholarly research project online)
|Zakaria, Z., Abd, N. A., Ibrahim, R., & Tompang, M. F. (2018). Green Tech Fish Feed. Bangi, Selangor, Malaysia: MTUN Research Repository. QOI: 60.43650.2018-MTUNConnect.N736786|