A novel biosensor based on single-stranded DNA (ssDNA) probe functionalized titanium dioxide (TiO2) nanoparticles was demonstrated for Escherichia coli O157:H7 DNA detection. A drop of single stranded DNA hybridization procedure is proposed, where the probe strand would be extended as long as the target DNA stand.
We have investigated the variation of ionic conductivity during the fabrication of the film and the hybridization using simple picoammeter. The present approach provides low detection limit for DNA (pico molar), rapid lable-free and easy-to-use bacteria detection, which holds the potential for future use in various ss-DNA analyses by integrated into a self-contained biochip.
1. No expertise required to interpret data.
2. Low fluid volume consumption.
3. High-throughout analysis and response time.
4. Simple detection and better process control.
5. Reusable and cost-effective.
6. High Surface to volume ratio.
1. Ultra-high sensitive detection device.
2. Ultra-high selective detection device.
3. DNA-based detection.
5. Rapid detection.
Pintors (Location Identifier created to identify location of scholarly research project online)
|Hashim, U., Syed, S. N., & Parmin, N. A. (2019). E. Coli DNA Test Kit. Bangi, Selangor, Malaysia: MTUN Research Repository. QOI: 60.43650.2019-MTUNConnect.N455107|