- Business may be registered using personal name or using a trade name.
- Complete the Business Registration Form (Form A).
- Every business owner and partner must sign the completed Form.
- Person responsible must submit the application to counter or through online via SSM e-Lodgement service in the website at www.ssm.com.my.
- Documents to be attached as follows:
- Photocopy of owner and/or partner identity card;
- Permit, licence or Supporting letter for the type of business;
- Approval of Supporting Letter from relevant agency if required by the Registrar of Business.
- Owner must be Malaysian Citizen or Permanent Resident of Malaysia.
- Owner must be aged between 18 years and above.
- Only owner/ partner is allowed to submit application.
- Sole proprietorship using personal name as stated in the identity card RM30.00.
- Sole proprietorship or partnership using trade name – RM60.00.
- Registration of branches RM5.00 for each branch.
- Business Information Print-out RM10.00.
- Register the business not later than thirty (30) days from the date of commencement of business.
- A new business registration may valid for a period of one(1) year and does not exceed five (5) years on each registration.
- The nature of the registered business should not contravene any laws or likely to be used for lawful purposes or any purpose prejudicial to or incompatible with the security of the Federation, public order or morality.
- Business Registration Certificate can be obtained within one (1) hour from the time payment is made.
- A person who carries on business without registering a business commits an offence under the ROBA 1956 and if found guilty the fined not exceeding RM50,000 or imprisonment for a term not exceeding two (2) years or both.
- Even though business have been registered with SSM, business owners are responsible to obtain licences, permits or approval letters from other relevant authorities in order to operate their business.